How and where should I hang my mobile?
If you treat your mobile with care, you will be able to enjoy its movements and changing shapes for many years to come. When hanging up your mobile, try it in different places and bear in mind the following suggestions and precautions:
- The mobile is designed to be a pleasure to the eye and a stimulus to the imagination. Do hang out of reach of children. It is not a toy.
- Hang it away from direct sunlight, to avoid the colours fading and the shapes distorting.
- Hang it where there is some movement of air but no strong draught. A slow, quiet movement is the essence of the mobile. Do not hang it outdoors.
- Where practical, hang the mobile where it has a subdued, uniform background. A corner position against light-coloured walls is often the best location.
- If possible, hang it in the light from a lamp. The shadow that the mobile casts onto a wall or ceiling will give the mobile yet another dimension. A candle is a concentrated light source which will produce distinct, well-defined shadows.
- Try to hang the mobile where you can watch it while listening to music. You will see the mobile move to the rhythm of the music.
- Most of our mobiles are “super-light” – a lot of them do not weigh much more than a standard letter. Consequently hanging them from the ceiling can be done by very simple means and a very small nail – even a pushpin or thumb tag – will do. Only a few of our very large mobiles need a small hook.
- To hang the mobile: If you cannot put a clue or a pin in your ceiling (e.g. you have a concrete ceiling) – you can use TESA Powerstrip – which is available in most office shops.